The Open Day at The Ness of Brodgar are now finalised:
- Venue: The Ness of Brodgar Archaeological Excavation and Stenness School
- Date:Sunday 21st August
- Time: 11am – 4pm. Last tour at 3.30pm.
- Continuous tours and demonstrations
- Refreshments available in Stenness Hall
Activities at the Ness site itself include:
- Dry-stone walling
- Stone and colour
- Pot making
- Flint knapping
- Wood working
- The new Ness of Brodgar jewellery range from Ola Gorie
- Big Raffle with the main prize of a pendant from the Ola Gorie new jewellery range
- Orkney Archaeology Society shop
- Guides and finds
Activities at Stenness School include:
- Stone tools and rocks
- Animal bones including “Invent an animal”
- Willow work
- Stone felting
- Wash off Neolithic tattoos
- Shell jewellery extravaganza for all ages!
- Community Cafe
Parking is available in the field and at the school as usual. The car park now has a covering of hard core which makes parking a lot easier. Signposting will guide you from the Ness of Brodgar to Stenness School.
I’m sorry, but we can’t cater for coach and mini bus parties and any groups larger than 8 people.