The new 2021 Orkney Archaeology Society annual review is now available to order.
In 2020, most excavation and fieldwork was halted by the pandemic, but it was still another great year for exploring Orkney’s archaeology and history.
Article’s in this year’s publication, the sixth in the series, include:
- Examining evidence of textiles at the Ness of Brodgar.
- Norse waterways in the West Mainland
- Stone spatulate tools at the Ness of Brodgar
- The landscape around The Cairns broch.
- Time-travel: a manifesto – a new way to look at historical re-enactments.
- Folklore and archaeology.
- The influence of the Vikings on how contemporary Orcadians view themselves.
- The excavation at the Hall of Clestrain.