If you are a volunteer, professional archaeologists or community archaeologist who was planning to work with us on our projects this year then you should have received an email stating our position as far as the present Covid-19 situation is concerned.
The present situation (24th March 2020) is as follows:
- Ness of Brodgar dig is postponed until 2021. See website for more details.
- The Cairns is also postponed until 2021
- Skaill, Rousay July 2020 – excavations are postponed. Updates soon on rescheduling.
- Tombs of the Isles, Neolithic Landscapes of the Dead NILPS project – launch and community archive research is postponed, updates soon.
- Orkney Energy Landscapes Project – Burgar Hill and Costa Head survey days are postponed, updates soon.
Also please note that the Scottish Government has stated that you cannot travel to Orkney unless you are a key responder (24th March 2020). These travel restrictions are in place for the next three weeks and will be reviewed weekly. See Pentland Ferries & North Link Ferries websites for more information on travel.
In these unprecedented times we wish you well and hope to see you very soon.