Head to Rousay this weekend and join archaeologists from the UHI Archaeology Institute for a day of activities and talks – including the launch of a new podcast.
The theme of the Rousay Archaeology Day, on Saturday, November 19, is food, diet and trade. All events are free take place in the Rousay school from 10am until 4pm.
- 10am: Food, Diet and Trade – hands on activities with the team from the Skaill farm excavation.
Activities with Neil Leask, Orkney Museum (all day).
Skaill drone footage (by Bobby Friel).
- 11am Rousay Archaeology and Heritage Podcast Launch.
Working with Rebecca Marr and Mark Jenkins, from Kolekto, we are creating two new archaeology and heritage podcasts for Rousay. Come along to find out more; Story gathering – share stories and ideas to include in this exciting project. We need your help!
- 12-1:30pm: Lunch. Soup, sandwiches and refreshments provided (free).
- 2pm: Short talks on the latest results from the Skaill excavations and geophysical surveys.
- 3pm: Workshops, finds viewing and podcast story gathering continues (4pm finish).
The 2022 Rousay Archaeology Day is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre Development Trust and Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre Heritage.